Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Let me go now


It may be too early to call it, but I think this is going to be the song of my summer. It's just looping in my head. I love a good torch song, but I've never had the experience that would justify why. I logically understand, but I have nothing to relate to because I've never suffered through a serious break-up. That sounds kinda douchey, but it's not -- it comes from a lack of experience. I'm emotionally stunted for my age since I've only had (and am still in) one serious relationship. Maybe it just touches something in my soul. Some days I'm filled with melancholy for no apparent reason. I think a vein of sadness runs through me. I can't place it because I had a decent childhood and didn't suffer through a lot of grief.

But the torch song combines the sadness with resolve. The determination to move on and be better without you. I guess I want to be reassured that when the time comes, I too will be able to pull myself together and carry on.

No comments: