Sunday, June 10, 2012

Don't you worry, there my honey

It's such a dreary day. I've been lounging on my bed in the shadows of my room all day while it rains outside. I would chalk it up to the gloomy weather, but I've had a fun but punishing weekend of parties. I think I'm getting old. My tummy does not agree with the decisions I have made. Every other weekend, you can find me watching Netflix or other minimal movement activities.

On Friday, my friends Chris and Hadley got married. Open bar + too much dancing + cute heels (but too much pride to go barefoot) = tired Saturday. The ceremony was short and sweet, and the reception was a ton of fun. These too have been together for 6 years, and they are wonderful together.

        


Don't freak out. I did not wear a white dress to a wedding. In this picture, you can just barely see the pink and gray painted roses that make up the bottom 1/3 of the dress. 


Love the salad in a jar concept. The ingredients were layered, so you just flip it over and shake to mix everything up. Definitely borrowing this idea for summer picnics.





Even though the wedding was in town, most of us rented hotel rooms since it would be an 1 hour + drive back home. Late night and an open bar. I'll stay here, thanks. It worked out really well too because the hotel had cable, and Eric got to watch his Saturday morning cartoons on Nick and Cartoon Network. He usually just downloads them at home since we don't have cable. Even though we could have left at 10am, we stayed until 12 to watch TV.

Weddings make me happy. It's great to get dressed up and see all your friends who have been scattered about after college. Everyone was laughing and dancing. Just being merry and celebrating love.

I definitely left with a full heart.



"Oh, let's get rich and buy our parents homes in the South of France
let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters
and teach them how to dance
let's get rich and build our house on a mountain
making everybody look like ants
from way up there, you and I, you and I, you and I"

1 comment:

Bubble My Licorice said...

amazing photos :)
this post is great!

Bubble my Licorice