1. My dear friend Mary Rachel has been living in Thailand with her husband for the past 6 months. She brought my back this beautiful elephant, but unfortunately, she's already on a plane back. Her husband couldn't get vacation time to celebrate Christmas in the States. This is their first Christmas, so it's only right that they be together.
2. Lots of holiday parties with friends, from Santa pub crawls to regular pub visits.
3. Fun holiday decorations, like my neighbor's unconventional "A Christmas Story" leg lamp. East Atlanta is a quirky place. The neighborhood is filled with trendsetters, tattooed kids, and locavore types.
(I like to call him "Cub Scout Quinn" with his adorable little bandanna.)
(Enjoying Korean BBQ at Honey Pig.)
5. Armed with Christmas cookies, I'll be going home tomorrow and spending time with my own siblings. Even though we don't talk to each other everyday, they are my most favorite people. I saw these on Pinterest and fell in love with how festive these cookies were. I'll file these under "Pinterest success," which is very impressive. All you have to do is Google "pinterest fail," and you'll understand. There are entire sites dedicated to projects that just don't work out, like the hilarious pinterstfail.com (subheadline: Where Good Intentions Go to Die). I've had plenty of my own, so I was pleasantly surprised about how well these cookies turned out.
Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, spending time with those they love. See you in a few!
No comments:
Post a Comment