Here are a collection of pictures that can't be grouped together in any meaningful way, but I want to share anyway.
1. My friend's roommate's cat, Conan. Soft kitty. In the background are the Atlanta Falcons doing their best to bring our hopes up about going to the Superbowl only to crush us in the end.
2. There is an exquisitely unique sadness that comes with cracking the screen of your smartphone. First world problems, I know, but it still hurts. Samsung quoted me 9-11 business days (3 weeks!!). It took every ounce of self control to not laugh at the customer service rep. I politely thanked her for the information, hung up, and Googled phone repair places in Atlanta. I ended up going to uBreakiFix over by Lenox Mall. $300 and little over an 1 hour later, the screen was fixed. The home button is a little loose, but what are going to do? Once broken, your phone will never be the same.
Also, I have a sturdy Speck case now, instead of just a slim, low profile case. Even though it's bulkier, I've learned my lesson about vanity. Also the Speck case has a rubbery border that helps keep the phone snug in my pocket (it broke after slipping out of my pocket and onto a set of stairs).
3. I got new Welly socks for my Hunter boots. The classic style is just plain fleece lines, but I really like the knit-topped ones. Now my toes are toasty on rainy days.
4. One of Connie's friends loved her purple puffy hat (lovingly referred to as her "grape hat") that I crocheted for her two Christmases ago, and I asked for a green one. My first commissioned piece! I don't have any cute packaging, so I just doodled on a paper bag. It says "Kit's Knits and crochet projects!"




No comments:
Post a Comment