Right now, I'm at the library. On the second floor, there are seats along the windows facing the campus green (a very sad, small quad area). I am spying on this group of people with a lot of newspapers. I don't know what they are doing yet, but someone just broke out the tape. It looks like they are making some sort of costume.
Nope, it's just a giant dome, some guy stood under it, and other people poured a bucket of water on him. Ooh, wait, it looks like they might be on a scavenger hunt because one of them is reading off a piece of paper. I guess they have to accomplish tasks and take pictures of it. It's probably for that Leadership and Team Building class I've heard about.

Anyway, this weekend was a nice break from my monotonous schedule. My friend Crystal celebrated her birthday over the weekend. On Friday, we all went out to dinner at an awesome place in Little India, and we decided to blindfold her so she didn't know where we were going. It's quite difficult leading a blindfolded person onto a bus, through a MRT station, and down the crowded streets. Little things like escalators are disastrous. Met a few more people (it was 26 for dinner). Part 2, on Saturday, was spent at the club, which was a lot of fun although I woke up super late on Sunday as a result.
So one of my favorite things is sitting on the bridge at Clarke Quay (main clubbing district). Most people chill out and pre-game on the bridge b/c drinks at the club are way more expensive than the ones from 7/11. Look at the picture. Look at how much fun Evan is having on the bridge! I wish there was a bridge like that in Atlanta. No, take it back, it would be super sketchy.
I'm really sad that I missed Dooley's Week this year. All the photos everyone posted up on Facebook make me jealous. I am disappointed in SPC, why did they have to book N.E.R.D. while I'm out of the country? I don't even remember the band that played last year. It seems like ages ago. Also, there is a post on perezhilton.com where Pharell is yelling at the crowd to calm down at the concert and step back from the barracades because people were getting hurt. Oh, Emory, so proud.
Also bummed that I missed the Junot Diaz reading at Agnes Scott last week. It was open to the public, and my friend Mary said it was amazing. She is also now in love with him.
2 comments:
open reading? alison said you needed tickets.
The event was free to everyone but you still had to have a ticket to be admitted. You couldn't, to my knowledge, just walk in.
That said, the reading was pretty sweet and I am in love with Junot Diaz too. Don't be too jealous of home though, because you are in an amazing place!!!
We will be here when you come home to us. :-)
Post a Comment