Monday, May 25, 2009

Welcome, again

Hooray! Welcome to my new blog, Kitsy Adventure Funland Sleepytown.

Everyone needs a little rebranding now and then (just ask the RNC or AIG). You curious about the title, right? Well, since I'm not in Singapore anymore, I can't call my blog "Kitty's Island Adventures." Now that I'm back home, the only adventures I go on these days involve running to Blockbuster or Kroger. Today, Kristy and I went to Blockbuster. Yesterday, we were both terribly unmotivated to study (she for her high school exams, I for the GMAT). I writhed around the house allll day, complaining of boredom. BUT, we didn't go to Blockbuster to rent a movie because Kristy still needed to get a lot studying done.

Anyhow, on our way to the store this morning, my car started rumbling around 40 mph. Weird. Luckily, Blockbuster is only 3 miles away, so I just drove it all the way. When we got out, nothing looked wrong. I checked the tires, to make sure none were flat. Then, Kristy goes, "uhmm....look there." Small wisps of gray smoke was coming from under my car, behind the front left tire.

Having no auto-mechanic training, I didn't know what to do. So we went inside and got two movies (Kristy picked "The Dark Knight" and I got "Rachel Getting Married"). I drove home really slowly, and the rumbling didn't start up again. We pulled up the driveway, and my dad was unloading the pressure washer from his truck because we're (the kids) are painting the deck as soon as it stops raining everyday.

As I'm telling my dad about the weird rumbling, I smelled something burnt. Kristy points behind me, and plumes of smoke were coming from the same spot. My dad yelled at us to move away. Nothing happened, and when it cooled down, my dad inspected the spot and declared things broken.

Now I have no car. Although I'm not sure how my dad will drive it to the mechanic because it smokes up even at 30mph.

Boo.

Oh, and "Kitsy Adventure Funland Sleepytown" came from Eric because I usually fall asleep when we're hanging out. One time while I was drifting off, he said, "Oh no, you're going off to Kitsy Adventure Funland Sleepytown."

Also, the header is Miffy hanging out in my dress pocket while we were exploring the Singapore Botanic Gardens.

1 comment:

eric said...

you are a talented storyteller. props. also, i was worried you wouldn't give me credit until i reached the end. also also, feel free to be more loose with your style and grammar on the internet. your writing is best when you're expressive and direct.