I can't believe that my little sister is moving out next week to get all settled in her new apartment for her first year of college. Since she has cardboard boxes littering her room (all unassembled), I thought it would be wise to reclaim all my clothes that she so lovingly "adopted" while I was in Singapore. I thought it would just a few tops, but I came out of her giant walk in closet with an armload of clothes, a lot of things I forgot about (which Connie uses to justify her case).
Also, I found an old winter coat hanging out in the depths of her closet. It is a red wool coat with a hood that my mom bought for me in middle or high school, but I never wore it because it was too big. It didn't help that it was a more mature styled coat. I kinda like it though. I'll have to remember to wear it this winter.
Unrelated note, I just finished The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. Really intense, but excellent novel about a Baptist missionary family who go to the Congo in the 1950s with 5 narrators (the mother and four daughters). 5 stars from me. However, it was a little frustrating to me because Africa is still suffering the same problems now. Seems like little has changed, but that's another topic for another day when I'm ready to get on my political science soapbox.
1 comment:
If you liked (Poisonwood Bible) by (Barbara Kinsolver), you might like (The Bean Trees) also by the same author, or (Things Fall Apart) by (Chinua Achebe).
Post a Comment