Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mr. Bean

There are a few food stands at the street level of the School of Social Sciences, but so far, the Mr. Bean is my favorite. I think I'll eat at Subway last.

My Economic Development of Asia class is 3hrs 15min long (the 15min is a break in the middle). I went down today to try one of the Mr. Bean pancakes, which, I know, sounds weird as a snack. A Mr. Bean pancakes is actually 2- 3" diameter pancakes with filling. I got 2 red bean pancakes because I was super hungry. And it was heavenly, warm and fluffy. Best $2 spent this week.

You can get other fillings like:
- blueberry
- cheese
- chocolate
- peanut
- kaya (coconut egg jam)
- tuna (I'll try it later and report back)

It also has juices and soya milks for sale.

Also, Mr. Bean is adorable. On the side of stand where Mr. Bean is frolicking with his backpack, the script says, "School is like a lollipop. You only enjoy it fully when it's gone."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kitsy kidney red bean paste pancake pants

Anonymous said...

Mr. Bean is very wise indeed.
-Kelsey