Beach party = young, scantily clad people = attracts creepies.
Basically all the exchanges went to Singapore's Sentosa Island so throughout the night, me and the roommates would periodically run into people we knew. The Silosa beach party is supposed to be on of the biggest parties in Singapore. It was fun for what it was, but I felt it was a little overhyped.
There were a bunch of stages, random county fair activities (dunking booth, fire eaters, bungee seat thing), and a foam area, which was advertised as one of the biggest foam parties in Asia (maybe Singapore, I might have misinterpretted). Maybe foam parties aren't big outside the States, because the crowd wasn't too much bigger than a packed frat foam party like at Phi Delt. The only difference is that instead of 20-yr old guys, you are being randomly groped by creepy 30-year old Indian men. Also, I was picked up and thrown over the shoulder of a drunk European exchange, who recognized one of my roommates. I should really bulk up so I'm not carted away so easily.
I had to drag the roommies over to the foam, but they weren't big fans, so we ended up back near a main stage. After we wore ourselves out dancing for 3hours, we ended up waiting in a taxi queue for nearly 3 hours. I don't know how every single taxi was already hired, because every time we tried to call to book a taxi, the call wouldn't get through. If we had waited another hour, the trains would have started, and we could've gone home faster.
The experience was probably on par to New Year's Eve in Times Square, but on a less famous and much smaller scale. Something you do once, to say that you've been there, and you probably won't go back again. Maybe I was just too sober to enjoy it. Who knows.
On a happier note, I finally uploaded my first Facebook album of Singapore.
1 comment:
Yay, your comments are working now!! Do your roomies speak in Finnish a lot and you can't understand? I think that would be tough. I stopped being homesick once I found a group I clicked with, so maybe you just need to find cool people. :) Have you met any other Americans? It sounds pretty crazy over there. Good thing about the no durians on public transportation! It's funny that they specifically mention durians. Also, Ollie is attractive, please ship him here.
Post a Comment